How I got 1400+ new email subscribers (and found out by accident!)
How the hell did that happen?
I remember the day like it was yesterday. Logging into my mailerlite account and there staring at me were the numbers
1438 new subscribers.
I rubbed my eyes, then I got up and made a coffee.
Standing in the kitchen my mind in a daze, I thought about all of the things that I may have done which may have caused this to happen.
Then I had an idea, Google analytics.
So I logged into my google analytics screen and WTF, I had no numbers, for some reason my google code had disappeared from the head tags on my website!!!
So my website numbers were blank.
I stared at the screen again and then like a clap of thunder a thought appeared.
A few years ago I read a very specific email series from a gentleman whose name slips my mind. What he taught me in that series of emails has stuck with me ever since.
It was about the power of one.
Communicate with your ideal clients one person at a time.
So in December 2018 I set about setting up a social media funnel with one very specific target.
The target was to attract my ideal client using language that they understood. So I set the system up, then forgot about it, well if I’m honest I found some more shiny products to play with instead. (You know what it's like).
It must have been this system I said to myself.
So I started to reverse engineer everything that I had done.
I noticed a pattern between posting on different social media platforms at different times of the day and the week. and the effect this was having on my email sign-ups.
analytics that these platforms provided, showed me what was having the greatest effect.
And that is when I decided that my marketing would only ever be focused around One Message One Action. orOMOA for short.
So what is an OMOA Social Media Funnel?
It means setting up a social media funnel that qualifies visitors and leads them to the next stage of your customer journey when they come across your online assets.
In my case, it was visitors going to my website, which had an opt-in form and a bit of copy. It was not a great page by any standards but it obviously did the job.
Anyway, this system worked like the clappers.
You are probably wondering why I didn’t find out for 5 months what was happening with my subscriber numbers.
Well, let’s just say that there was a piece of important code missing from my website and I didn’t spot it until 5 months had passed.
And there was me thinking nobody wanted my free report!
If you want to know more about the OMOA system I give a deeper explanation in this blog post communicate with your customers more effectively.